help, dodgy monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vix84

Beta member
hi there, would be greatful for some help i'm not sure whats going on with my monitor it's doing really weird things... the colour temperature keeps changing on its own, like from a bright white to a kind of blue/white... and sometimes i actually see the colour changing or suddenly switching right in front of my eyes! :confused: any ideas people ??

cheers :D

You have a wireless house phone around the monitor? Or a heavy magnet (for some obscure reason...), maybe something else interupting the feild?

All this is assuming you have a CRT.....

we do have a cordless phone, but it's the other end of the room and has been there for years without giving us any problems... the computer is about 5 years old now and we haven't had any problems with the monitor until recently... right now it's looking rather blue lol

Have another monitor to hook up and test your system? Would eliminate that as a potental problem (graphics card) and pin it down to the monitor. Does the monitor have a degusing feature. If so give that a try. May be time for replacement after five years. CTR's have a life expectency of five minutes to fifteen years!!!

whats a degusing feature ? i dont happen to have any other monitors this is the only computer we have, but i could get my dad to take it to his work, they have I.T people round there lol... alex mentioned something about a heavy magnet earlier, well now i think about it, i have a lamp next to my pc with a big heavy metal base that weighs a ton but its been there for ages so i dunno.. just a thought... well thanks for the help so far !

Sounds like your vga connection isn't good. The cable is either not in plugged in well enough or it (or your monitor) is damaged.

Re:

Hello,

Degaussing eliminates magnetism from the monitor, making it neutral.

But em....sounds like it's dying!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom