Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - How to buy a gaming box!!

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 06:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Jeff Lawson
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by gaara
]What exactly is an AMD 4400+? What about dual cores?
A 939 at 2600ghz with 1 mb cache, probably the end point of the 939 line.

Quote:
Dude, Longhorn is an operating system, it will not eat away 512mb of RAM, and if it does, I honestly don't think it will sell very well.
Ram is rather cheap these days, and Longhorn may not be out till late 06, that's nearly 2 yrs away.

Quote:
I also find your theories a bit hypocritical. On one hand, you seem to think the 800XL/XT and 6800GT/Ultra will last for three years. But on the other hand, you claim that cards that aren't even three years old, such as the 9800 Pro, are obsolete. In three years, the cards you've listed won't be the best of the best, like the 9800 Pro, so what exactly is different?
You need to read the whole thread before bursting in here.
The 9800pro was made obsolete by the 6600GT, not by it's age....who in their right mind would buy a 9800pro over a 6600GT today??

Quote:
I think you are just trying to impress a few people by spewing your opinions and trying to manipulate them into facts. You may be fooling some of the misinformed, but the rest of us enthusiats know better. ]
An enthusiast is usually classified as someone with a higher than average interest and would almost always have higher tech specs than the average person.

A person with the intention of buying a 9600/512 ram gaming box is not a hardcore gamer and not my target audience.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.