My Comp will not boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ram is pc2700 k-byte non ecc 184 pin. The proc has 333 fsb. When i took it off the case, all i heard was a long beep, although that could be attributed to the fact that the heatsink wasn't all the way on.and nothing else happened. i took the ram out hit the power button and nothing happened, no beep, nuttin. there was no beep when it was in the case.

Im wondering whether i should return it or go to a local comp shop and have them look at it(there is one just down the road from my house)

should i keep the case and return the mobo(since it was a barebone and ive knocked out most of the metal expnasion bay and slot metal guard things. or just return the whole thing/ get it replaced.

soloman let me tell you my experience with the exact same motherboard 3 weeks ago:

mobo would not boot up like yours, it gave me 1 long continuous beep telling me memory failure. i test memory in another computer it runs fine. so i try again on the Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra. sometimes it boots up and sometimes memory failure. i even try another memory module with pc2700 instead of pc400 from another soyo board "sy-kt400 dragon lite" that i knew worked. guess what? same memory issues. sometimes boot, sometimes not.

the CPU would overheat and the CPU speed was misidentifed so i changed CPU frequency; the cpu overheats faster.

Soloman02 you are wasting your time fixing a piece of crap defective board. call up the place you bought it, tell them what happened and they will tell you what to do as far as sending in the barebone or just mobo.

maybe im being biased, but i will not be surprised if you decide to ignore me and keep trying to troubleshoot it for a few more days and your merchandise return time has run out, (i beleive you have 15 days after purchase to return it if defective) , and you are stuck with a defective board.

if you take it to a repair shop and they tell you it's defective, you wasted money on the repair AND the defective board, which you could have spent the money on a new board.

well thats all i have to say

ekÆsine

You have just had bad luck and got a lemon, the mobo is fine, it turned out that it didnt like my agp card, so i put in a pci vid card, and lo and behold it booted up!!! After installing winxp pro i took the pci card out and put the agp card in and it worked.

No do not go to the comp to get it fix because your ram might not be compatible with the motherboard. Exchange your ram
for another at the same store you brought and try it because I had a similar problem.

AMD Athlon XP 2500+\1.8ghz-2.560 mhz with original heatsink fan
Asus A7V600 motheroard
Infienon 400 mhz 512mb 1 stick
Ati Radoen 9200 w/128mb tv out
Aopen Cd-rw
Western Digital 20 gb Utlra Ata100
case fan
AtI TV Wonder Pro Remote Control Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom