Having problems with glitches in my desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiro

Beta member
I just recently got my computer back from the manufact., due to a bad mobo. I tryed to format it, to replace the exsisting XP Home, with XP Pro. When I went to format C:, I got a "Cannot format C:""Format has been terminated" message. And now, I notice when I drag a window across my desktop, I get this weird glitching. I have no idea what it could be, and am reluctant to install my OS (Xp Pro) again, if I dont' have to.
I uninstalled, and reinstalled my video drivers, to no avail. I'm running a GeForce 4, TI 4200 card. Not sure what mobo I have, the manufacturer is Emachines. I really don't wanna send it in again, as I would rather not endure the wait again. :( Thanks fer your help :)

~Dave

It's sorta like what happens when you do an install of an OS, and don't put in a graphics driver. But to a lesser degree. It also seems to be effecting my system performance....but my usage is at 0. It's kinda hard to explain it....part of a window will go invisible, jsut a small part...and it'll sorta pixelate, around the edges. Sorry, I know it's not very accurate :(

Went and rolled back my drivers to 43.45, from the newest. Still no luck. It seems to be staying about the same. I'm hoping it's not a vid card RAM problem, as I don't have a spare :/

DX 9.b atm....and good idea with the defaults. However, i was running these same drivers when I sent my box into the factory, perhaps is a differant mobo they gave me..I'll give it a shot. thanks :)

ok, whenu went to format did you go to the command prompt in xp? because you cano not format XP like that because it is not DOS, you have to boot to the install CD to formatm XP.

Plus check your monitor frequency in your displayporperties.
if it is higher then 60 set it back to 60 hertz.

just a little help, may not solve the problem. but i am not usre whatelse it couldbe besides bad vid card or drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom