somewhat shady from many forum goers. I took a chance
and placed a very small order. I found the overall
experience to be a negative one.

They didnt ship my order on time. The support for finding
out the reason was virtually non-existant, and when I finally
got my order the box the mobo came in looked like it had
been kicked through a soccer goal.

If I need to order anything computer related online and as
long as the prices stay competitive I will order from newegg.

I have spent 1000's at newegg without incident.

Again, this is only my opinion.

I've order from them a couple times in the past (They are also www.globalcomputer.com ). Never had an issue, but then again they have a distrobution center in chicago, so it isn't that big of a deal, sometimes they don't have everything there.

Anyways I havn't had a problem.

But Newegg is outstanding.

They are an ok vendor. Just don't order from them if you plan to get a rebate or purchase a backordered item. Overall, they are ok. I say go with newegg if you can.

I got an excellent deal on a 22" pureflat (the one I use now) but its 50/50 my roommate made the same purchase, and it died a month later... took a month and a half for them to pay him his money back (they wouldn't take it back because it was already refurbished).

Tigerdirect is a risky vendor at best

I order from TigerDirect ALL the time. They are a great company. I tried using paypal to order, and it didn't work (stupid paypal!!) so I was forced to call them and order it. I didn't want to do it. The order is a peice for my desk, because my keyboard drawer fell off (stupid flake board, the desk isn't even 5 months old!)

*excuse me if I don't make sense, at this point I am sleeping ;x*

I gave them a call. They answered with no waiting. I told them my order number, told them my issue with papal and they said OK, I told them I wanted to order with my CC # like I usually do. They said that's fine. I gave them the CC# and all, and what do you know? It was shipped out the same day, and it'll be here tomorrow!

I had one problem with them, though, I received a bad mobo but it was defective so I sent it back and got a new one :)

But I have to admit they are a good company.

The most amazing thing about my phone call experience is the guy spoke and knew english!!!! That's what amazed me.

Newegg is ok, I just started using it but some things with TG and NE are cheaper or more expensive. I got my x800 from newegg.

i would put my highest expectations on Newegg.com and Zipzoomfly.com for service and support.

my opinion - tiger direct looks kinda shady, especialy with those deals and rebates.

well TD is good as they are legit, but you can't base it on those rebates, cuz most of the rebates are manufactures. not them

but i put my money on newegg more. TD would be my second source

but you can't base it on those rebates, cuz most of the rebates are manufactures. not them
thats incorrect... most or all of the rebates are specific for items only purchased from TD, so thats a deal between TD and the manufacturer. if TD falsy advertizes the rebate, then clearly thy have no respect for there customers, and thy are equaly or more responsible for there so called 'mistakes'.

maybe its just me, but i wouldnt wont to pore any resources into a company like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom