6800 GT vs. X800 XL (PCI Express)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxyLoxy said:
True, but at the same time you have to buy hardware sometime.]

I'm of the view that there's such a thing as smart waiting, and to do so before the central component of a gaming rig is updated is smart, I'm not asking people to wait forever.....if someone's already waited x no of months, well they "should" have purchased way back when, but it's close now....I hope someone doesn't do the equivalent of buying a 9800pro in late 2003 only to have the 6800/800 kick some serious GPU ass only a few months later.

Don't forget that you have to match your PC spec's, a AMD 3500 is still the price/performance champ, and that with a x800xl would mesh nicely, but you don't want to miss out on a next gen ATIpro for $100 more offering maybe 40-50% more grunt, or allow the x800xl to drop in price, just as the 9800pro did from $700Aud to the existing price of about $350aud after the release of the Nvidia line.

I personally prefer the 800XL because in my opinion it has a better price/performace ratio.

In all honesty though, the performance difference between either card is going to be miniscule, both are exceptional cards and you will not be disappointed with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom