new amd system

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont listen too him /\ :)

Athlon 64's are the best for multimedia! A 3500+ would school a P4 3.4 any day, unless you convert audio files ALL DAY LONG! The memory bandwidth is twice as much as the P4's which is very important when working with graphics. Unless go with a dual cpu setup, an amd athlon 64 is your best bet!

Maybe spend less on the processor though and get better video card.

instead of 3500+ and 6600gt

get 3000+ and 6800gt

- That's my advice

uzi9mm said:
Intels own on video editing.

well see you are like half-wrong and half right. and its only because you are stating GENERALLY, and not specifically. fir the most part i;d say you are right.

GENERALLY Intel P4's and up outperform AMD's in multi-media apps and encoding and stuff liek that.

the problem is it depends on what chip you are talking about. a 3.4GHz machine wont compare to a 64-bit3500+ (overclocked or not). BUT there are higher rated P4's (say a 3.8?) that will match the AMD's and overclocked outperform them.

Intel's newest chips (i believe they are called EE's) will start giving the FX-55's a run for there money because they overclock very nicely. and the Mobile 775's also perform very well. But a standard P4 has some catching up to do when comparting it to a 64-bit3500+ @ say 2.5-2.6GHz.

instead of 3500+ and 6600gt get 3000+ and 6800gt

i wouldn't...the multi on the 3000+ is locked at 9X, so you need soem VERY nice RAM to get a good overclock. The 3500+ is 11X, so you can use not as good RAM and still hit say 2.6GHz on it. Personally i like the 3200+, it's 10X and i plan on getting RAM to do at least 270MHz with decent timings.

would anyone be able to help me by building me a seconed system so i can have some idea on what is best .....i dont want to just blow $1500 on something that i can get of the shelf...
thank you all for your help

is there any intel that is 64 bit like the amd...i found some post and they all recommend intel for modeling but amd for gaming but i kind want to be prepared for 64 bit apps ....and be able to upgrade when ever i have more mony....i wish i had more mony i would got fx 55....but you know how it is...lol....

The 64- bit intels will be out by the end of the month. Look for the 6xx series.

BTW, how many times can these AMD / Intel arguments go back and forth? :confused:

idiotec said:
The 64- bit intels will be out by the end of the month. Look for the 6xx series.

BTW, how many times can these AMD / Intel arguments go back and forth? :confused:

expect to pay a buttload for them too. probably more than the price of my computer X2.

The arguments will never stop...unless one of the companies gives up or something lol.

Lets blow up all the Intel factories of the world! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Shhhh no one heard me say anything

Nubius said:
Lets blow up all the Intel factories of the world! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Shhhh no one heard me say anything

lol, they'll resort to underground facilities. then they will literally undermine the computer world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom