Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol well the one i said is only 560 only 10 watts more. is that power supply quiet an everythign?

also a good thing if i got that is it has a 120 fan which is nice and it also is cheap so i could get my zalman 7700 then:) maybe even my nv sliencers....

Charbo said:
lol well the one i said is only 560 only 10 watts more. is that power supply quiet an everythign?

oh i thought u typed 680 or something. i haven't gotten it yet, but its 120mm and has an re-installed fan controller, so i imagine it can be dead quiet or pretty loud.

Thermaltake Silent PurePower 560W Power Supply for AMD and Intel ATX 12V, Model "W0023" -RETAIL

- Specifications -

Type: ATX
Maximum Power: 560W
PFC: Active
Power Good Signal: 100-500ms
Hold-up Time: 16ms
Output: +3.3V@30A,+5V@40A,-5V@0.5A,+12V@22A,-12V@1.0A,+5VSB@2.0A
MTBF: Not specifie

am I adding this wrong or is the 12v Rail on 22A? IF your running a sli setup and a fx-55 I think you would want a lot more power on your 12v Rail.

The 680 specs looks like its fine on the 12v rails.

If you have around a 3k computer why cheap out on the power supply?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From what I read I would stay away from Thermal Take PSU's, I would go with OCZ, Forton or PC power and cooling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason I listed those psu's is because he is running SLI, before I built my sli rig I was reading all the problems people were having with cheap psu and not enough power on the 12v rails. If your going with an expensive system like sli why be cheap when it comes to the power supply?

i wanted the 680 from thermaltake also because it has the dual pci e cords, so no silly adapters:) i think i will go got it since like you said i dont want to have a cheapie ps in my not cheapie pc:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom