Isn't a straight 12-hour working period for a PC dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
Isn't a straight 12-hour working period for a PC dangerous under an non-air-conditioned environment (about 74 degrees F)?

I run my computer almost 24/7 under 100% CPU load, and it's been doing this for weeks. It seems fine. CPU's are designed to be run under 100% load.

computers aren't as fragile as they use to be.

plus there cheap to replace.

so if it gives you any crap about running 24/7 just give it a good kick and all is good:D

I run mine 24/7 unless I just simply have to reboot. But then I reboot, not turn it off. The ONLY time I turn it off is for weather or IF I leave the house for an extended period of time (OVERNIGHT). Liz

nope it aint . if you saw on toms hardware they ran a amd system and a intel system straight under 100% strain for 24 days and the worst that happened was them restarting

Remember, it is a machine, and it is made to work. :)

If is was a person, 12 hours straight working,...hmmm,... you might get complaints from the union. LOL

if it does give you errors or problems then there is something wrong. possibly hardware problem, or bad drivers.

i reboot my computer probably 2X a day at least...its never on 24/7 unless im benching or testing for stability or something. but thats jsut me...

ZeroX said:
computers aren't as fragile as they use to be.

plus there cheap to replace.

so if it gives you any crap about running 24/7 just give it a good kick and all is good:D

Do what Zero said LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom