Next gen GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Ive been reading up on the next nVidia core the NV 47 NV48 and NV50

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20041205035620.html

I bought a pci-e card becuase i knew it would last me till chrismtas when i should have saved enough to get a top of the range card. I was just wondering wat amount i should aim to have cos i dont want to be pulling loads out in one go. i would rather put afew pound away each month to have most of the cash there.

Crazy...hope Nvidia releases something good if they cancelled those two projects. Looks like they had plans for the 24 pipelines chip to come out around the same time as ATIs. Wonder what they have in store.

EDIT: On that link to the inquirer it's interesting to note that they say this: "In the current generation, it's not important what you get as both Nvidia and ATI cards are performing almost identically. "

Been sayin that for a while, hopefully that'll shut up the fanatics who scream one is insanely better than the other :p

agreed. im more looking at gettin a nVidia cos ive got a nForce4 which i think will work better together, maybes not the case but how i like it.

When i told a friend this was what i was planning on doin he askedi if the rest of my system would not bottle neck the card. I sed no of course not in a confient voice but im not so sure :$

None of your system will bottleneck the card. Couldn't hurt to get a 512mb stick though to give yourself 1gb though. There's a pretty nice difference between 512mb and 1gb of memory in loading times and overall speed. This system I have now is the first I've ever had 1gb of memory in and it's quite nice IMO.

i do have 1 gig. says "x2" at end of line :) and yea when i upgraded from512 i did notice the difference striaght away :)

i do have 1 gig. says "x2" at end of line
Whooops, lol didn't see it :p

This is why ATI are da bomb
Uhhhh not hardly. Again....13 cards vs 6 which give near identicle performance to the exception of the X850 which was developed and released later than the first batch so as far as competition goes it's in it's own category.

I say both companies produce cards that will give awesome performance, but you solely post opinions that 'ATI is da bomb', there's plenty of other closed ATI vs Nvidia threads that you can look through if you want to do that 'ATI ROCKS' kind of stuff.

But as with the other post. I'm not going to get into it, being that this thread isn't about the two companies. This is solely about news regarding Nvidias next GPU's to come.

Yes people please refrain. So.. Did they decide to cut their losses on a architecture that wasnt going anywhere? Or did they decide to just roll with their latest and greatest whatever its going to be. Possibly seeing an advantage in fewer cards out there. I wonder, I wonder *ponders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom