Is outpost.com(FRY'S) scamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

woomehoo

Solid State Member
i'm gonna build a new computer, i have a question. i searched on outpost.com for cpu and mother i found this two link CLicky1 and Clicky2, they are the same right how come the price is like different, which one should i get?and could any of those motherboard fit this case Clicky3 ?
what the differences between a "Bare CPU With Motherboard" and a "Box CPU With Motherboard" it said at outpost.com

P.S. ANYONE LIVE IN OAKLAND, SAN LEANDRO, ALAMEDA, OR NEAR CITIES THAT KNOW HOW TO PUT A CPU INTO THE MOBO, CONNECT THE POWER CABLES. THEN PM ME, BECAUSE I NEED HELP INSTALL A CPU AND INSTALL ALL THE POWER CABLES. THEN THE REST I COULD DO IT MY SELF.

no, they are not a scam, outpost is well respected

and those 2 aren't the same
read the specs

$350 -
Chipset: 848P
Processor Support: Intel Pentium 4 up to 3.2GHz ( 400/533/800 FSB) or higher
Memory Support: Up to 2GB PC 3200 DDR DRAM
Expansion Slot: 1x (8X) AGP, 5x PCI
Other Features: 6.Ch Audio,Lan, SATA, USB 2.0

$190

Chipset: VIA PT800
Processor Support: Intel Pentium 4 up to 3.4GHz ( 533/800 FSB) or faster
Expansion Slot: 1x (8X) AGP, 5x PCI, 1 CNR
Other Features: 6.Ch Audio, USB 2.0, 10/100 LAN, SATA

its different

it would fit in that case

jolancer said:
thy arnt that great... http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1773.html

plus iv seen some obvouse scam's on there site during rebate promotion periods and stuff. peronally i avoid them. ther customer service iv hear is horible, and ther shady anyhow.

maybe the webiste www.outpost.com is skeptical. but the individual Fry's Electronics store i go to is top quality. they always have deals, great help/customer service, and they'll stay with you for an hour in one isle until you figure out what it is you want. I never order from outpost.com, there inventory is different than the actual store and they say they aren't "really" Fry's electronics when i called them. I jsut drive to the store.

Whenever I look, their prices just do not compete with newegg, monarch, etc. I don't really use them online, but I do go to the physical store when I need something today.

idiotec said:
Whenever I look, their prices just do not compete with newegg, monarch, etc. I don't really use them online, but I do go to the physical store when I need something today.

yah there overall prices aren't as good as other places. but sometimes they have like $100 instant savings and $50 mail in rebates and stuff for a one day sale. on HDD's moslty, and LCD's. u just gotta catch them at the right time. our store had 320GB drives or something huge for like $75 one day, they only had 5 and people were camping overnight to get them.

rebates aren't up to them, its up to manufactures

no thy do use false advertizing and rebate scams. i should of taken a screenshot a while back. there were a couple products i notice, such as a HD with a $__ MIR. i took a close look at the rebate form, and it sayed examle(fake #s, cause i dont remember them) = valid on product # N3-15430 threw N3-15435. but the item they were selling with it was N3-15320 or some shit(remeber those rnt the actual #s, those r just for example)

i would only get stuff from the Fry's store if one was located near me, so u could deal with them inperson if the situation arose. but i'd never get something from that website.

XFlamez said:
no, they are not a scam, outpost is well respected

and those 2 aren't the same
read the specs

$350 -
Chipset: 848P
Processor Support: Intel Pentium 4 up to 3.2GHz ( 400/533/800 FSB) or higher
Expansion Slot: 1x (8X) AGP, 5x PCI
Other Features: 6.Ch Audio,Lan, SATA, USB 2.0

$190

Chipset: VIA PT800
Processor Support: Intel Pentium 4 up to 3.4GHz ( 533/800 FSB) or faster
Expansion Slot: 1x (8X) AGP, 5x PCI, 1 CNR
Other Features: 6.Ch Audio, USB 2.0, 10/100 LAN, SATA

its different

it would fit in that case
so does the one with $190 include a mobo and a cpu? should i get $190 product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom