hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxhound

Baseband Member
i'm at quite a large company with an extensive phone network provided by avaya. each phone shows the person's name who's calling wich is quite a usefull feature, although lately there have been some changes in the company, new people getting hired, others leaving, and some people being here temporarily (i'm getting somewhere bare with me ), of couse if someone moves or someone new gets here the phone settings need to be changed. if we need to have a technician come over for this it costs quite a lot of money for such a small piece of work. although i've seen them doing with hyperterm i'm unable to recreate this myself. does anyone know how to change the name bound to a certain phone number in hyperterm?

thanks in advance

Foxhound.

can you PM me the details? need the phone models, and then the version of the software you are using.

There is information available on the website for Avaya too...

thanks for your help, but i accidentaly stumbled on the awnser. :p good luck is smiling upon me.

seems the default version of hyperterminal uses VT-1000 terminal keyboard emulation. this didn't accept the keystrokes from my laptop keyboard (hooked up a laptop to the callcenter) after downloading a freeware version of an extended hyperterminal it worked. (the freeware version used VT-330 (or was it 3300) terminal keyboard emulation wich worked perfectly.)

if anyone might be interested in this hyperterminal version :
http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom