Noob In Need of Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

milanbaros

Solid State Member
I am building my first comp and so far not all is going smoothly. This must be a completely stupid question but my PSU provides one socket which I assume is to plug into the wall. But how will my monitor be powered? It has a cable that used to go into the back of my old pc but that socket isnt there anymore.

So is all I need to turn the monitor on, the cable that goes into the graphics card?

Let me try and explain my old setup better...

two cables went between my monitor and pc. One went into the video card and one went into the psu. Another cable wnet from my psu into the wall for power. That meant my old psu had two sockets and my new one only has one.

No, just plug the monitor directly into the wall right :confused:

Isn't it just a power cable?

OK looks on the monitor there are supposed to be 2 wires or plugs or what ever they are called, one is a power cord that looks like the one that comes out of the Power supply, there is another one that fits onto the graphics card port, so you take the power cord and plug it into the wall and you take the video card cord and plug it into the videocard.

ok i had this kinda setup on a old coputer of mine
the monitor is powered directly from the psu. all u have to do is get another power cable the same as the one from ur wall to ur psu and that shoul fit ur monitor. Well thats how it happened for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom