Ntldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
when i boot i keep gettin the error "NTLDR is missing" so i cant get onto windows no matter what i do, ive tried writting a new boot sector on the xp recovery thing on the xp disk but it doesnt work. Ive also tried copying the file from the xp cd to my hard drive but i just get acsess denied. Ive had this error about 5-6 time in the last month and each time ive had to formate and reinstall everything :angry: does any1 know why im gettin this or what i can do about it? thanks

Possible Reasons:
1. Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.
2. Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.
3. Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.
4. Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.
5. Attempting to upgrade from a Windows 95, 98, or ME computer that is using FAT32.
6. New hard disk drive being added.
7. Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.
8. Seriously corrupted version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
9. Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable.

Windows boots from this.
If you search Microsoft's site, you will find a guide to add it in dos. (need a boot disk)

in simple terms when NTLDR is missing that mean you have no Operating System installed. you delete it somehow. boot from your xp cd and reinstall windows

that the thing i havent touched it. And its happened quite afew times not just on this system but on my last one aswel. and ive reinstalled everytime so i dont think its anything on that list from uzi il have to find how to add it back in from MS. thanks.

oh another thing. does it matter that im using ntsc i think it is called rather than FAT32?

You are using NTFS as the filesystem. have you checked to see if there is a floppy in the drive? (had to ask)

yea lol well myu floppy is disconneted atm, i only plug it in when i need it cos cables are bad for air flow

i just had this problem this morning
the best way i find it to get it back to normal is

using your XP CD, boot it up. run installation, after that, press F8 to agree and then press R to repair, after it goes all the repairing, it works fine

but don't just repair on the first screen you get
you have to go to the part where you have a choice to either run SETUP, REPAIR, or ESC to cancel
when you see that screen, press SETUP
after that then you repair
hope you get this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom