Asus A7N8X-E What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I do consider Asus as one of the best. Along with Abit, MSI, and DFI. That mobo looks good. Dual channel memory would work great, G Skill PC3200 would own on that mobo. I say get it!

I have the A7N8X deluxe, as far as I'm aware the two boards are very similiar. I've had some issues with mine. not major problems, but I would not recommend getting the A7N8X-E. On mine the problems show up after a year of use. Things like the OS locking up momentarily and the keyboard sporadically not being detected somtimes. And I'm not certain but I seem to be having a problem with my IDE controller being too slow between my HDD and optical drives.

what would be a good mobo for and Amd 2000 processor? I need coaxial or optical out on it.

are you talking about connections for the sound card or video inputs? Coax and optical connections are not features of any motherboard that I'm aware of. I think you would have to get an additional sound card and/or video capture card to have those features.

I personally think ASUS's quality has gone downhill in the last few years and their tech support really sucks.

I suggest ABit or DFI as they are the top two quality OC'ing boards at that.

ekÆsine said:
are you talking about connections for the sound card or video inputs? Coax and optical connections are not features of any motherboard that I'm aware of. I think you would have to get an additional sound card and/or video capture card to have those features.

there are coaxial output on this mobo. it is the RCA connection on the back. I need it because my cumputer is 50 feet away from my stereo system. If I run regular rca to the stereo, I will lose sound quality through 50 feet of resistance. Coaxial and Optical output are good for 5000 or 500 miles of cable before the quality degrade.

ekÆsine said:
I have the A7N8X deluxe, as far as I'm aware the two boards are very similiar. I've had some issues with mine. not major problems, but I would not recommend getting the A7N8X-E. On mine the problems show up after a year of use. Things like the OS locking up momentarily and the keyboard sporadically not being detected somtimes. And I'm not certain but I seem to be having a problem with my IDE controller being too slow between my HDD and optical drives.

I too have the same board, no problems here though...

EricB said:
there are coaxial output on this mobo. it is the RCA connection on the back.

oh I see what you mean. Usually it's refered to as S/PDIF or S/PDIF coax, I thought you were talking about something to do with audio. the deluxe has S/PDIF also.

DoomUK I think maybe I got unlucky and ended up with a bad board... or more likey I did something stupid and broke it. Any reason for me to buy a new mobo is a good enough excuse for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom