"Secondary" display adapter--why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlewp

Baseband Member
In Device Mgr. under "Display Adapters", there are 2 listings , one followed by term "secondary". I was having a problem (too involved for now) and decided to remove this secondary listing.
After reboot , I was told that ATI's video (or display) utility had been removed?
Only thing I see missing, is when I go to properties, then Settings of display , there was only one monitor shown. I only use one!
However, I just checked again, and there are now 2 monitor images shown again, and 2 listings still in Dev. Mgr/Display Adapters. Both read the exact same now, neither listed as "secondary"
Curious , that both now read "ATI-All-in Wonder 9000", when before they were called "Radeon..........". I give up.
Let things be? Why 2 items?

Your card has another video out ie: a DVI, or S-Video port. If you want to can run dual monitors you can with this feature. But it is normal for it to say 2 display devices.

Yes, I do have S-video out , if not other type. Is there a way to restore the "secondary" title to one of the identical listings in Display Adapters. They would be the same otherwise, would they not...? or could there be 2 drivers for one video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom