Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a heatsink or your dust collection? get some compressed air and clean that thing man.

From the looks of that computer I'm taking guess that it uses sd-ram pc-133.... I can't be 100 % sure though. You need to include more details about the comp, like what mobo is that?

Alvin.C said:
Yeah think ure right...looks like an old modem...not CNR.

My bro has a refurbished Packard Bell with a large, what looks like oversized AGP slot, which had a modem card in it.

your proly talking about an ISA Slot. the riser card b4 PCI. they transferred at i believ 100 mbps comparred to pci's 133 (?)

old modems us ISA's

Thanks for the help guys and the links certainly helped. I found alot out from the program. Is it true that if i touch the motherboard it could blow (not literaly) because of static energy,

lol yeah i have hoovered it out now, clean now lol.

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Duron, 958 MHz (9.5 x 101)
Motherboard Name Shuttle MK20 (1 ISA, 3 PCI, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8361 Apollo KLE133
System Memory 247 MB (PC133 SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award Modular (11/01/01)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

--------[ PCI / AGP Video ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trident CyberBlade-i7 Video Adapter
Trident CyberBlade-i7 3D Accelerator

I aint good at the hardware bit but want to learn. Someone told me that the thing in the last PCI slot was a modem too, i think its one. I dont know where my graphics card is tho on there, i didnt see a AGP slot when i opened it.

I know what ram i got now, thanks for that.

I've been looking around and i see that you can buy PCI slot graphics cards and another question i need answered is that what slot does a tv card use. Thanks. Cause i want to upgrade.

Ugh, ISA slots, I took a computer engineering course this semester and to my horror the computers they have supplied us with were literally Pentium 133s which were about to be thrown in the garbage.

A TV tuner will use a PCI slot.

Yes, static electricity will damage your motherboard circuits, so it's important to discharge yourself by touching something metal before rummaging around the inside of your computer. Also, magnetic screwdrivers can fry motherboards if they happen to come into contact with them...

Your motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot, I'm just taking a wild guess and suggesting you are using intergrated video. You can check by locating where your monitor is plugged in, that will be your video card.

Well i just bought some ram PC133 SD RAM, hope it works.

Thanks for the help.

How fast does the graphics card need to be to run a tv card and a dvd drive, is 64mb one fast enough or will i need 128mb.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom