no boot, no keybord lights help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlboi

Beta member
ok, i had alot of other problems with my pc but i finally got everything running and it didnt power off byitself and it didnt have very high temps. but after awhile my monitor started to act stupid. the screen went blank and a blue box came up and said the monitor is working but check video and cables. i did. but then as i turn on my pc and monitor the monitor screen displayed the same thing but it was very distorted. i then unpluged the monitor from the pc. it was still distorted and wasnt working. so i had an old pci card(dont know if it works or not but it at least lets me see the bios screen when i boot up) i put it in and tried to see if the monitor worked with that card. it did the same thing.(btw, i had to shut down the pc improperly since i couldnt see anything on the screen everytime) So i just figured the monitor wasnt working anymore. so i was just trying to figure out what i was going to do. i remembered that the new video card i had in, had a s video thing where i could hook my tv up to my pc. i tried that and it worked. my pc booted but it was saying windows was shut down wrong choose how i want to start windows.(i put last known good configuration). now, it seemed to start windows(showed the logo) but then it restarted, it went back to the logo again and restarted again. finally it said windows was shut down wrong again, i chose start normally, it did the same thing, then i chose start in safe mode, it then booted, it worked. so i went to system restore. i did a restore to a coulple days ago. it restarted it wouldnt start windows normally(did same as before). i went to safe mode. it said it system restore incomplete. i tried different dates, same thing happened. i kept trying, i got the blue screen a couple times. so i figured i would just install windows on an extra hard drive i had in my pc. while in safe mode i transfered the files off my extra hard drive to the master and it went fine. i then shut down my pc and went to bed. i wake up this morning and go to class and then i get back to install windows on the hard drive but i turn on my pc and i get a black screen on my tv, the keyboard lights doesnt come on, and i get no beep from my pc. but everything in the pc is powered up and running. i checked everything to make sure it was connected but still the same thing. i could really use some help now. i dont know what to do

Re:

Hello,

Ok....I forced myself and in time managed to read your essay :p ... oh and paragraphs help a tad! :D

Ok...it's odd that this occured right after you backed up your files in safe mode. There are several things on my mind. Firstly, i'm suspecting hardware failure. Try powering on your PC with only the absolutely necessary devices. Unhook your floppy disk drive, disc drives, your Hard Drive and any PCI cards from within your PC. Only have your display, keyboard and mouse plugged into your PC, no other hardware devices.

You might also have a boot sector virus, but because you aren't getting past the initial Power On Self Test, then it's not likely.

Because your monitor had issues with your graphics card, you might want to keep that in mind. Try powering on with all unecessary devices unplugged, and your TV or Monitor unplugged from your graphics card. Although you can't see anything, you can identify system activity by checking the caps-lock light and beeping etc. You may also want to try booting up with unecessary devices unplugged, and your PCI graphics card removed too. Activity can once again be tracked the same.

If that fails, then you know that most probably one of the following is responsible:

- BIOS
- RAM

Your PSU and CPU might be defective, but chances aren't high. Suspect your BIOS first. Your BIOS Chip may be corrupt, and may need to be rest or re-flashed. Most motherboards have a jumper on it to reset the BIOS to its factory settings. If it is corrupt, then unfortunately unless your system has a BIOS recovery (not many) then you'll need to get another motherboard, find, buy, and replace your BIOS chip manually or send it off for repair. Hardware or the BIOS Chip is at the top of your suspect list, for not many start boot processes envolve much else.

Your RAM may be causing trouble. In this case, replacing the RAM is the only way to find out. You'll need to do process of elimination in order to pinpoint the exact problem with your PC.

Hey Hey Everybody,

My friend recently got an iPod and it's incredible. I'd like to get one myself but I don't have the cash right now because I'm trying to save money for college. Luckily, there is hope, though. After searching for some time online and checking my sources, I found a site that can help me out:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15187559

It's a company that gives away iPods to people who complete free trials and stuff, and it really works! I helped another friend get his pod and already received two free gift cards in the mail, one to Circuit City and another to Lowes.

Now I just need 5 more people to access the site from the link above and get their free stuff too. It's easy, it works, and you'd be helping a fellow iPod enthusiast fulfill his dream! Thanks in advance for all your help and if you can help me, be sure to use the link above. Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom