Converting AVI to MPEG1

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_source

Daemon Poster
I used cucusoft avi-mpg converter yesterday. Seems pretty simple. I converted a 280mb avi movie into MPEG 1 format. The file took about 1.15hrs to convert and the size of the new file is 690mb. Is that a good amount of time and what really confuses me is why did it become such a large file? Does that mean if i were to convert a 700mb avi file to mpeg 1 it will end up being like 2GB? WTF!

AVI compressed much more and looses some quality. When you are using mpeg, its recording in a less compressed format and better quality for DVD's. AVI can be set at the same quality but most DVD players don't support it.
mpeg2 take up even more.

d_source said:
I used cucusoft avi-mpg converter yesterday. Seems pretty simple. I converted a 280mb avi movie into MPEG 1 format. The file took about 1.15hrs to convert and the size of the new file is 690mb. Is that a good amount of time and what really confuses me is why did it become such a large file? Does that mean if i were to convert a 700mb avi file to mpeg 1 it will end up being like 2GB? WTF!

it is making it a dvd compliant mpeg file. that will alway happen when you do that. tmpegenc dvd author will keep the file size smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom