cannot cool down, Best way to cool?, not liquid cooled

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.thermalright.com , i would try the xp90 or xp120. i have used both and they are the best heatsinks i have ever used. I dont know how much money you have to spend, each is like 60 bucks or so, give or a take a couple bucks. For temp, i always recommend going to pctoys.com or somewhere like that and buy a temperature monitor/prob. The you can stick the prob next to the cpu die between the cpuboard and heatsink. That is the best way i can think of to get a more accurate reading. Every time i have used one, i usually got about a 10*f higher than what the bios said, it all depends how close you can get the probe in there to the die.
You said you had a lot of fans, it isnt the amount of fans that you have, its the quality of the airflow. My rule of them, is whatever you got comming in, you gotta push out, to keep a good flow. So if you got 2 92mms in the front sucking in, tran and get something close to that sucking out at the top. i recommend making your exhaust as high in your case as possible, preferably cutting a hole in the top lol, cause heat rises, and making your intake as low as possible since there is colder down below. Im just sayin all this as possible ideas. Something else that i did that has helped a few people...Find out where your cpu fan is placed realative to the side of your pc that you open up. Cut a whole the same size as the cpufan in the side, and get something to make a small pipe and attach it around yoru cpufan and make it stick out a few inches close to the side hatch of your case. That way, you will be sucking cooler air directly in from outside. I probably should of just put this in a mods forum lol. oh well, im a work and work is slow, im in the chatty mood.You could also just use some thin aluminum flex tubing, and route yoru cpufan intake to the back of your case and put a hole there.

lol

are you sure you applied the thermal compond correctly... if you put too much on you can actually undo any good it does. also make sure the heatsink is properly seated! I know these may seem like obvious things, they are easy to overlook!

I don't know why...especially when someone says 'No liquid cooling' that people post a Vapochill on here. Come on, that's not practical at all. That's basically getting back into the 'My grandma needs a PC' Get her SLI with 6800Ultras!

Mike987923 or whatever his number sequence recently got the Tower 112 heatsink I believe it is. That thing is a sheer monster, but you should be able to get some awesome cooling out of it. It's able to hold two fans just like that first one you linked but I believe it's of better quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom