mack

In Runtime
My older computer is refusing to detect any of my PCI cards. Specs:
Epox HPHAL+ Motherboard
AMD 1600+
2 HDD 20+90
Radeon 9800
Windows XP Home

My Soundblaster live, ATI TV Tuner, and network card refuse to be detected.

In BIOS, I enabled PNP OS. Not sure if this should be enabled or disabled.

Any suggestions?

it should be enabled for pnp to work correctly. Go into the device manager and see if they might just be unrecognized, click the scan for hardware changes while your in device manager(but I doubt it will do anything) Make sure all the motherboard drivers are installed, and updated as well.

PnP should detect sb live, and the ati card. Xp home should have a set of drivers for both.

Sui said:
it should be enabled for pnp to work correctly. Go into the device manager and see if they might just be unrecognized, click the scan for hardware changes while your in device manager(but I doubt it will do anything) Make sure all the motherboard drivers are installed, and updated as well.

PnP should detect sb live, and the ati card. Xp home should have a set of drivers for both.

That's the problem, it's refusing to detect the cards :(

Sorry I wrote my message at 4AM.. hehe I left out details

The computer is not picking up any PCI device. I have all the latest chipset drivers installed. I installed the drivers for the ATI TV card, and it says no TV card has been detected.

I have to use USB to connect to the internet because it didn't detect the network thing :(

I took the card out of the pci slot and moved it to another one.

But the TV tuner still doesn't work. Is it possible almost all of my pci slots are bad?!

doubt it, maybe the south bridge, but I doubt that as well. In the bios theres a setting to control resorces manually, and auto control........ Actually before you do that theres a PnP service in xp, make sure that service isn't disabled and is running.

Where can this PNP service be found in XP?

I noticed it didn't even detect the network card while I was installing XP.

Under 'System Devices' in my computer I have 'PCI Standard Host CPU Bridge', and the other computer DOES NOT have this AT ALL.

To sum it up it has:
ACPI Fan
ACPI Fixed Feature Button
ACPI Terhmal Zone
Direct Memory access controller
isapnp read data port
Microcode update device
Microsoft ACPI Compliant system
Microsoft SYstem Management BIOS Driver
Motherboard Resources
Numeric Data Processor
PCI Bus
Plug and play software device enumerator
Programmable interrupt controller
System Board
System CMOS/Real time clock
System Speaker
System Timer
VIA CPU to AGP controller
VIA Standardard PCI to ISA Bridge
VIA Tech CPI to PCI Bridge

Also the soundcard (soundblaster live!) doesn't fully work, even though I think it is detected:
It has: Multimedia Audio Controller as "Other Devices".
I do see under Sound, video, and game controllers: Creative SBLive! Gameport.

Sui said:
Actually before you do that theres a PnP service in xp, make sure that service isn't disabled and is running.

The service IS running..

have u tried looking in ur BIOS to make sure the PCIs are active? is set the ones im not using to off so my comp boots faster but make sure yours they have a set IRQ and everything. also make sure you have teh newest bios so the southbridge will recognize them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom