Upgrade my hard drive or RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietb05

Baseband Member
I have a AMD Athlon XP 2500 with 512mb PC2700 Ram and a 40GB 8mb Hard Drive. My computer performs very well for me, I never get any slow-down, and I still have 20GB left on my 40GB. I'm not a gamer, all I really do on the computer is surf the internet, download music and video, burn cd's/dvd's. I have $75 to spend on newegg but I'm kind of torn between getting an additional 512MB ram or to get a 80GB or 120GB hard drive. I don't know how much of a performance increase I'll see with the ram but I know you can never have enough. I also know my hard drive is small by today's standards so what do you guys think i should get?

Well, if all you are doing is browsing the internet and burning, then 512 MB of RAM is definitely enough. Also, if you aren't filling up your hard drive either, then its not really worth it to get a bigger one.

Maybe you could invest in a newer, faster burner?

Ok, well, you could get another hard drive, I suppose. I don't see any point in getting anymore RAM if you "never get any slow-down":)

You don't need anything but if you decide to go for anything then I say go for the hard drive but this time get a external hard drive or light-weight SAN this way you will be well prepared for the future and it comes in handy.

Hard drive would be your best choice. Ram speed increases much faster than hd speed or capacity, therefore it would become out of date faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom