PC in a mini fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
jolancer said:
only liquid can steam into vapor.

besides even if u did have hot coffee next to your pc, im not shur if it would even start condensing b4 the comprossor switches on. the air in the fridge is so dry, the vapor may just stay airborn.

you're still referring to a special type of freezer right? i read that the amount of heat a computer as a whole outputs is far beyond the amount the normal fridge can take out/ventilate. but this might have been back in hte day when computers ran at 60C or more idle lol...now people are air cooling in the 20C's.

no, im talkin about any kind of fridge.

now it just look like your trying to get a higher post count.

jolancer said:
no, im talkin about any kind of fridge.

now it just look like your trying to get a higher post count.

mmm...then i would say your expectations of a normal fridge are quite high. there is a limit to the amount of heat a fridge can compensate for, especially a smaller one. the computer is CONSTANTLY outputting heat, unlike a normal food product...its going to make the fridge run its usualy 2-4 hour cooling cycles probably 24/7, wearing out the fridge. the chances of putting a computer in a regular fridge, without any kind of insulation, and having it last longer than a week are quite slim. the ambient temperature in the fridge is going to be much higher than it would be just storing food, and its going to create more heat OUTSIDE of the fridge than normal.

...im a member of like 12 computer forums, thousands upon thousands of posts...what would i gain from having one or two more? a free t-shirt? lol, i wish. i'm jsut stating my opinion, and what i believe to be facts. i would hate for someone to read that "any kind of fridge" is capable of having a 0% moisture level while running a computer on the inside, try it, and then fry there hardware because there fridge couldn't get the job done. there should be a disclaimer on these kinds of threads that portray EXTREME kinds of cooling methods to n00bs and unexperienced modders. having your water too cold in a water cooled computer can even kill your CPU, so what people might think as safe and elementary is actually a very dangerous method that needs to be researched and found out for yourself. as far as i have found out the ONLY succesful fridge coled computer have been next to EXACT matcheds of a vapochill/prometia setup (which insulates ONLY the CPU and has much more cooling capacity than needed.) a prometia/vapochill can get into the -50C temps i have seen, sometimes close to -100C, a small fridge with an entire computer on the inside wouldn't get close to that.

1. doesnt matter what fridge, there wont be any moisture if the system isnt left with the door open.

2. your comp will be cooler ina fridge rather then not. obviously the degree at witch u can O/c the cpu depends on how cool u can get it. which depends on the power of your cooling hardware.

3. most of your other consernce iv answered b4. a fridge wont realy wear out. its like saying instead of it lasting 100,000hrs, it will only last 60,000hrs... if u have a pc ina fridge, i doubt that youl givea sh*t.

4. im not posting again in this thread, iv already posted a rediculous # of times here, unless a unique sercomstance occues. So pm me if u have any questions about my post.

...ok. i understand if u want to avoid the situation. i just keep finding loads of websites that disagree with what you are saying. they emphasize condensation, insulation, a powerful fridge, and most say you shouldn't do it unless you can afford to lose a PC. then when you post its just "no, they/you are wrong. i know about fridges and how they work. "

i'd want at least something like this...

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031230/images/kopf3.jpg

and thats just for the CPU.

4W4K3 - "pm me if u have any questions about my post."

Thresh - dont do that, the point is to have all of the pc components exposed to the fridges air circulation. if u seal the pc ina bag in the fridge, everything that becomes cold in that bag will have condensation form all over it.

jolancer said:
4W4K3 - "pm me if u have any questions about my post."

but i don't have any questions. i'm just stating to anyone who reads the thread that there are supposedly 2 different truths in the matter. yours, and what you can find on Google. try both if u want...but i don't suggest either really unless you are positive u can do it. there is a point where running 20C and -10C makes absolutely no differenece...besides bragging rights.

P.P. Mguire said:
Thats sounds like a good idea man! i think ill try it lol.

In theory it sounds like a good idea but cold,moist air + warm dry surface = condensation, condensation +computer = fried. If this was going to work, there would need to be a dehumidifier worked in there somewhere.

4W4K3 - maybe thats y your so confused... so many ppl like JLobes prolly post false information like that every time a thread such as this apears. just ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom