cannot cool down, Best way to cool?, not liquid cooled

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJC1055

Baseband Member
I posted a topic here a few days ago where I just installed a bunch of fans, i have a 3.0ghz p4 sitting on a p4p800S-X mb 1 ghz ram, 2 250ghz drives, geforce 5500 vid card.

even with the 7 fans I just installed I'm still idling at 55c and at 60 playing low quality games.

I tried installing an aftermarket hsf (spark 7 all copper) with silver thermal grease, and it didn't do anything, and it was LOUD, i mean LLLOOOUUUDDD.

I need something that will get this thing down 30 degrees, but I dont want to use liquid cooling.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The temp of the room its in is 70F

and as far as the product linked above, I'm not about to spend $1000 on a cooling system, thats just a little out of my league.

I just want a good HSF that will fit on my mb and that will cool better than what I have now.

Thanks for the input.

the after market hsf that u got should be cooling it enough. did u clean the old thermal pad off the cpu, and properly apply the thermal compound? you shur your bourd is reading your temperatures correctly?

i know u have lots of fans from ur previous post. but i dont remember were thy r, im not shur how good ur airflow is threw the case, but... u could try, putting 4 of the fans right on the sidepannel over the cpu area as intake, and the rest- front/back/top panel fans outtake.

I actually removed the aftermarket hsf because it gave me the same temps and was ALOT louder. My stock HSF is a copper core and is quiet. It doesn't have a thermal pad, it had compound, which I cleaned and reapplied before I reapplied the stock HSF. I will change my fans around to have my side as intake also and see if that helps. I used some generic silver thermal compound and applied it as you would as5 compound.

I don't know what else to try.

and what bothers me is that I have another computer in the same room as this one, a 1.8ghz p4, and it runs 38C with no fans, other than cpu and power supply of course.

if u havnt already... i would talk to some of the members here who have experience with temp stuff/issues, and can tell u how to verify if your motherbourd is actually reading your temps correctly b4 buy something u may not need, unless ur not that tight on cash.

just make shur it not something like mentioned above, or a rong jumper setting, or rong bios settings, or whatever that could cause such a thing. b4 resorting to hardware mutalation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom