PC in a mini fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
minutes? thats not fast enough at all. it only takes seconds for a droplet of water to fall on your mobo (or any exposed electronics really).
its all system dependent... How big the fridge is... how powerfull the firdge is... how hot it is outside the fridge. personally i would leave the door closed, but if its not burning hot durring summer time, you prolly wont notice condensation accure to quickly on fridge items, especially if there left in the fridge.

Now if you were to cut the box off, use that plate to directly cool the water, and mount a few fans on the hotside, then you just might get the thing to lower 10F. I don't think its really worth that amount of effort though.
im not saying any of this cause i think its a good idea.. im mentioning stuff incase someone hear has the time ands thinking it would be fun just for the hell of it...

if u modify any AC system, u cant be rough with the lines/compressor/condensor connections. or loosen any connections.. refridgerant in the system will evaporate instantly into the atmosphere if there is any breach in the system, no matter how small, even if u cant see it. If that happens, only way to fix it is to reseal the system, then add the refridgerant. but u cant add the refridgerant without a machine to remove moistur/maintain propper pressure. thy sell some refridgerant in small handheld refill containers, but if u use one of those, it wont run correctly cause the moisture and whatnot. and the performance will deminish back down to nothing.

jolancer said:
its all system dependent... How big the fridge is... how powerfull the firdge is... how hot it is outside the fridge. personally i would leave the door closed, but if its not burning hot durring summer time, you prolly wont notice condensation accure to quickly on fridge items, especially if there left in the fridge.[\quote]

true, you shouldnt notice anything really if the fridge is NEVER open. but you eventually have to open the fridge, i don't think keeping it closed is an option really. lets say you run like 40C (a decent temp i think), thast a 100F+ temp hitting a maybe 0C or colder temp. instant steam, instant condensation (like a hot cup of coffee or something)

i think if you put the PC in the fridge at room temp (not on) and let them stabilize in temperature, then turn it on after say i dunno 20 mins? you can save worrying about an moisture or anything. the air in the PC case itself is holding moisture, inside the PSU, CD-ROM, all kinds of places. if you let it all "dry out" with the rest of the fridge b4 turning on i think that might do the trick. u think that would work?

4W4K3 - i see why your confused... your thinking of condensation backwards..

it doesnt matter how hot an item gets... it matters how hot the surrounding air is. condensation can only accur on cold items in a warm/hot environment.. not the otherway around. a hot item ina cold environment will not condensate.

EDIT: so theoreticaly it doesnt matter what temperature u put the pc into the fridge.

jolancer said:

im not saying any of this cause i think its a good idea.. im mentioning stuff incase someone hear has the time ands thinking it would be fun just for the hell of it...

if u modify any AC system,

I geuss so, but theres cheaper, more effective mods. I was referring to lazermans post about the thermo-electric fridge, and not the compressor mini frigdes.

jolancer said:
a hot item ina cold environment will not condensate.

ummm...so why does a HOT cup of cofee bead and steam in a cold fridge? its in a cold surrounding. that doesnt make sense.

I was referring to lazermans post about the thermo-electric fridge, and not the compressor mini frigdes.
i didnt know what thermoelectric meant. but after u posted above i googled it, and i c what u mean.
ummm...so why does a HOT cup of cofee bead and steam in a cold fridge? its in a cold surrounding. that doesnt make sense.
a hot cup of coffee, steams even when its not in the fridge, because the coffee is soo hot it vaporizes. put it ina cold dry environment and it will only vaporize faster, be more noticable.

EDIT: steaming is the oposite of condensing.
EDIT: only liquid can steam, and if the coffee is left in there, it will stop steaming at a sertain point, once the cups temp drops.

jolancer said:
EDIT: steaming is the oposite of condensing.
EDIT: only liquid can steam, and if the coffee is left in there, it will stop steaming at a sertain point, once the cups temp drops.

but steaming is a liquid/moisture correct? i hold my hand above it and it fors water on my palm. wouldn't it be bad to have it steam even for a few seconds in the fridge?

im seeing your point, in a cold enough fridge condensation shouldn't be a major problem with insulation. but i don't think a WALMart mini fridge is going to do the trick (what i believe is being "used"). you'd need like a meat locker kind of fridge wouldn't you?

but steaming is a liquid/moisture correct? i hold my hand above it and it fors water on my palm. wouldn't it be bad to have it steam even for a few seconds in the fridge?

if a hot coffee cup is in the fridge it will steam, but once the fridge compressor kicks back on because of an internal temp change, all moisture will be removed again. and the cup of coffee will eventually stop steaming, unless its left ona hot plate, or a stove, or somthing.

im telling u this as is, not for any pc fridge mod.. cause it has nothing to do with it. unless u plan on storing your hot coffee inside the same fridge as your computer?:amazed:

jolancer said:
im telling u this as is, not for any pc fridge mod.. cause it has nothing to do with it. unless u plan on storing your hot coffee inside the same fridge as your computer?:amazed:

lol no, then my PC would smell like coffee. i was only thinking if a CPU or w/e got as hot/hotter than a cup of cofee inside a fridge, it would steam before the fridge had enough time to remove the moisture. unless it is (as you said) an state of the art freezer, (not something from the supermarket)

only liquid can steam into vapor.

besides even if u did have hot coffee next to your pc, im not shur if it would even start condensing b4 the comprossor switches on. the air in the fridge is so dry, the vapor may just stay airborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom