This Forum is my Last Hope :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
i have this MSN messenger problem, when i try to log in, it tells me "there was a problem connecting you to MSN Messenger. click troubleshoot for help with this problem. Error Code: 0x81000370". When i press troubleshoot, it says everything is fine, i couldn't log on for months now :( . I researched everywhere and none of the suggestions worked, does anyone know how to fix this?? Seriously, this is my last attempt, you guys are my last hope!! thanks

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...You're my only hope!

LOL

Seriously, though. Have you tried the MSN website? I can't help you with error codes given. My only advice (besides contacting MSN or searching their website) would be to check your firewall(s) and router. There may be a network policy preventing the MSN-IM from talking through the port it wants to. If it can't access the port to get out to the net, it won't ever connect.

this might be dumb, but have you tried reinstalling it?

uninstall and then installing it back
sometime when you try to install something and a problem occurred, things tend to get messy

Well its best to try the simplest and cheapest fixes first, so I dont think its dumb. I've solved problems that way before.

If u just wanna use the messaging part of it, then use e-messenger. Log in with ur msn account and its all done through your browser. It should still work. And its a great temp solution.

what happens when logging in a different user, create a new account and log in with it see if the same error occurs. see if its server side or user side.

Yeah I agree with Killian. Try that first.

Are you or your network running a firewall?.. Might be blocking msn..

lol, i've tried everything that everyone has mentioned... but i'll give those links a try for temporary messaging.. thanks guys.. if anyone knows a solution for this problem please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom