Computer Keeps Crashing But Don't Know Why!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is due to corrupted data, or your hard drive is failing. You can start my defragmenting your drives and running error check. Reinstalling the game may also be benificial.

If the above fails, you may be forced to format your drive and reinstall Windows, and if that still fails to solve the problem, I believe that your hard drive is worth replacing, or if it is still under warranty, you can replace it.

ahh, HD is dying on ya

i can probably help you with some good deals with HD
im not gonna be selling em, juss good deals at certain places
if you want that, juss email me, my sig

2/7 gamer dont listen 2 these goons are talkin str8 up out of there @$$ wtf usaying reinstalling the game u nub lmao trust me gamer u need a new harddrive the one ur ising now its gooned just like these guys

bigtimeballer50 said:
2/7 gamer dont listen 2 these goons are talkin str8 up out of there @$$ wtf usaying reinstalling the game u nub lmao trust me gamer u need a new harddrive the one ur ising now its gooned just like these guys

im sorry but you make no sense, we are SAYING GAMER NEEDS A NEW HD, yet you telling him not to listen to us cuz we talking str8 up out of our asses, YET YOU ARE TELLING HIM TO GET A NEW HARD DRIVE

and wuts wit the words goons/gooned? thats pretty gay man, just like you

24/7 Gamer said:
Hi,

Every now and then my computer crashes and give the blue screen but before I am able to read the error, it restarts. This problem can happen anytime but mostly when I'm playing games. The time it crashes the most is when I play Ground Control 2. I am thinking it is my RAM which is causing it as I am running a generic brand but I don't want to buy new ones if its not the problem as this would be a waste of money.

I'm doubting it could be the motherboard or the CPU and I don't think its the graphics card as I've played other games for hours without a problem like Doom 3 and Half Life 2 although it does crash when I'm playing Counterstrike Source.

Is there anyway I can stop this problem as it is driving me mad and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks! :(

I had the same problem. Are you using a usb game control for this game. I was using a saitek when mine was happening, and saitek said that computers with HT technology will have this problem untill a patch for HT is installed. If you're using a saiek then go to saitek's website.

Ok,
For any of you that are interested I have finally fixed the problem.

I had two sticks of Samsung 512mb PC3200 and I took one out and then placed the one left into slot 1. I tired playing a few games and I was still getting the problem so just to test it out I took a 256mb PC2700 module out of my other computer and put it in slot 2.

After booting up the system I tried a few more games aand guess what, the problem has finally gone away. I played GC 2 for around 2 hours and then CS Source for 4 1/2 hours with my mates and it never crashed once.

What I'm guessing is my motherboard isn't very stable when runng PC3200 Ram so by putting a PC2700 module in, it has lowered the speed and at the same time it has made my system stable.

The other good thing is that it has made no difference whatsoever to my gaming in the means of speed etc. I still have all settings on max and the games do not skip at all.

I know when I had that blue screen it mentioned ntfs but I must admit that was a different blue screen to what I usually got. My hard drives are both Maxtor Diamonds and are very new so I would seriously doubt they would break this early in their life.

Anyway I must say thanks for all the posts you have wrote and hopefully this post will help some people out.

Cheers Lads!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom