I Need A Cheaper Alternative To A 6600GT ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever told you that the 9600 was equivelant to the 5200 is sorely mistaken dude. The 5200 is an absolute crap card. That 9600 can probably perform as well as the FX 5700 or so. I know my friends 9600XT 128mb and one friend with the 256mb version do better than my 5700, yes they have XT's which is one step above the pro, but the point is it is way more powerful than the 5200 for sure

You could always try ebay as a last resort if you really want the 6600GT.

Or you could wait a while, come up with some money, and pay the difference between the price of the card and the amount of money your mom is willing to spend.

The 9600 Pro or XT are both really good value right now for their performance though.

Or you could get a Sapphire 9800Pro... It's cheaper and is relatively as good as the 6600GT.

ive been having a look at some cheaper cards on ebuyer.com and found this one ....

9600XT 256mb
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=77814

hows this going to comapre to a 6600GT, big difference or not much?

the thing that worries me about getting an Ati card is, i have an asus motherboard with a via chipset and i know someone that bought the exact same motherboard and had some conflict problems with an ati card he was using. Is this generaly the case that ati dont work very well with via or it just a one off.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom