Look at this cool hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I made a case modification on my hard drive... I want you to say if it's cool or not... I want your opinion... what to improve on my other hard drive that I will make.

Here's the pictures:
hd-topview.jpg

hd-topview2.jpg

hd-flameview.jpg

I took a old Quatum Lightning (365MB) and I putted a plexi glass on it. And, the flame was cut in the top plate of the hard drive.

whats it for? deceration? or u plan on using it?

i always like looking at internals. but that getto flame decal doesnt appeal to me at all.

if u wont decals on the plexi, maybe u might wont to try, taping off the disign that u wont, then spraypainting it, the design is revealed once the tape is removed. or whatever u may use to portect the unpainted parts.

just dont do anything to a good harddrive that u wont to keep in good working order.

id imajine HD's are sealed in a clean room, likea dust free lab. and the HD case is completely sealed off, so the HD is protected from the environment.

doing that toa realy old HD shur, but i couldnt tell u how long it would last.

I was expecting to see some sort of cooling system for it lol. But i think you did a great job on cutting that, if you did. But since you never see a HDD, i personally wouldent do anything like that.

looks good. but hard drives usually have breathing holes with a filter so no particles of dust or anything gets into them. you're lucky nothing happened to the drive. i know someone else that tried it and messed up his whole harddrive so it wasnt usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom