win me problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rest_in_pain

Solid State Member
every time i use my win (ME).. i get this problem....

(!) when ever i try to use some software or install program or load things... 1st thing the p.c hangs and when i press the alt+ctrl+del... i see Wupdater (not responding).. so after i End that task and everything is back to normal.. well back to normal but it happens everytime and it really sucks.... can anybody help plz.

(2)
and i have this foler in c:\ which is hidden and is named {RESTORE}.. in that folder there r files like archive,extract,logs,sfp, temp.. and archive is like 1gb in size.. is this normal.. coz' i can't delete nor change the attribute.. i don't know whether this is system file from winme.. iF it is then it's ok but if not WTF is that.. how can i remove it.. coz' i don't wanna waste my 1gb just like dat..

thanks for your help

First you should not be using windows ME, ther is no reason to. Go out and get windows 2000 or XP if your system can handle it. As far as your problems go im not sure about the first one but the second one is your system restore file. If you need to get rid of it turn off system restore restart your system in safe mode and delete it.

thanks.. as far as my sys if concerned.. i don't think it can handle win xp.. coz' it's just 400 mz... so i'm thinking of switching to win 98 or linux or dual.. can u suggest me in this too...
thanks

I agree, get rid of windows ME. For your system, since it is only windows me i suggest dual booting windows 98 with a form of linux, or if you have more than 184mb Ram, you could put windows 2000 with linux on there. Windows 2000 has a lot of drivers that Windows XP has so it will Autodetect you printer, usb disk, mouse, and most other devices.

Re:

Hey,

Ure PC cud just about handle Windows XP. XP requires a 233Mhz CPU. Although my bro has a 466Mhz Celeron, he dunt have any problems...

well it's not that i wanted to use win me..i got this very cheap. and i'm too lazy to change it coz' my p.c is only used for playing music and more music and studies only.. so but now i've changed my mind.. winMe really svcks. too much problems. well thanks guyz.. everyone..
by the way, last que.. is slackware any good. ? i know all the linux is worth a try but since everyone is talking about slackware i was just wondering..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom