Half of laptop keyboard dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamtam777

Solid State Member
I have a toshiba satellite 3000. The keyboard stopped working so i bought a brand new one. After installing the brand new keyboard, only half of it works. The half to the right of the mouse button (middle of keyboard) more specifically. All of the keys, but just to the right. Weird.

I won a new Dell laptop, so i'm not sure if I want to spend the money to fix it. Any ideas what could cause this? Motherboard short? Can a short affect only half the keyboard? If so, is this fixable, or a new one is needed? I should just sell it AS IS on ebay.

Thanks for your input

You said you replaced the keyboard because the original one stopped working - do you mean it packed up completely all of a sudden or what?

Yes, I lent it out to my brother. He said the keyboard stopped working. There were no POST beeps or anything, just no keyboard.

Brand new one installed, and i get half of it, as described. I think he might have spilled something on it, but when i installed the new keyboard there was no evidence of that. And would it be able to short out just half? Thats the strange part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom