Dvd Rom Gdr8161b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zim

Beta member
Hi everyone

I have a problem with my dvd rom, its a LG HL-DT-ST GDR8161B, when i play a movies the playback is soooo slow, the voices arent sync with the movement sometimes. I tought it was a lack of RAM problem, but now i have 512 mb and it still goes slow.

I guess the problem appeared when i installed windows XP, i used windows 2000 before and it went well.

Last week i tried to use smart ripper and it said something about ASPI drivers not found, i updated it and now i'm sure they are installed and working since smart ripper works fine now (slow but works) but the play back is still slow.

I have an Atlon 1.4 Ghz, 32 mb Video Card, 512 mb RAM and windows XP

Can somebody help me??

What are you using for playback? PowerDVD is the proggy that comes with it, but I think it's a crappy program.

Do you get the same error with Win Media Player or other DVD viewing proggys?

Have you updated the drivers for Windows XP yet or are you still using the Win2K ones?

I've been using both Windows Media Player and Power DVD, but its the same with any of them, the playback ist slow, they work fine when i play vcd's or divx movies but when i try to play a dvd it goes slow.

I'm using XP drivers, in fact i formated my HD before installing XP

is it slow with playing dvd movie discs in your dvd-rom drive or is it slow when you play dvd movies that you ripped to your hard disk with smartripper?

if it is only slow with the dvd drive than you know what your problem is right there. if it is playing from a ripped movie uninstall powerdvd and than try to play the movie in windows media player again. also if you have any codecs installed besides the official divx codec that could be it also. i'm talking about codecs like xVID, AC3, and ect.

a bit off topic, but do you use smartripper's stream feature or just rip all of the VOB & IFO files? that program is so unstable so i switched to dvddecrypter. it work flawlessly.

what are you using for compressing/burning? i've tried instantcopy, dvd2one, and cloneDVD. by far the best quality, features, and speed are from cloneDVD. what are your experiences with the softwares?

I guess i solve the problem a few minutes ago... I dont know why but my secundary IDE was configurated as PIO instead of DMA so i delete the secundary IDE from the hardware configuration panel, reboot, and now it apears as DMA and the dvd's playback is great!

In reply to ekÆsine i had problems while playing dvd's and nothing more than dvds, the dvd's that i've ripped worked fine.
I use to rip all the movie main chain with all the vobs and infos, so far the smartripper has been stable and usefull, and it used to work fast, now that i've figured out what was wrong with my computer i guess it will work fine again. Anyway i'll try the dvd decrypter, thanx for the suggestion.

For compressing I use Dvd X and FlaskMPEG, they're both ok i found that dvdx its kinda easier to use but doenst work with all the movies, and flask its very good too but sometimes i have problemas when i want to add subtitles in the movie.

For burning i use nero 5.5 once the divx is compressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom