Which AMD processor should I get ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
I need to decide on which processor to get by 5 today, im looking for an AMD Athlon 64 chip for $250 CDN or under, any recommendations?, I plan on overclocking aswell.

1 more question while im here, Im also getting a new motherboard, A friend recommended i get the Chaintech S1689

http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=13&PISNo=319becuase

it supports the dual channel feature that i want, and for the fact that it like $90 bucks.Im not sure about it cause its so inexpensive. If anyone has use this please tell me what you think. Thanks.

I recommend an Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester core and an Abit 3rd Eye.

The MSI Neo2-FIR is also a good motherboard.

I also believe I should point out that the 3400+ listed above is a socket 754 chip, and the motherboard listed with it is a socket 939 board, so they will not work together.

Personally I think Chaintech is somewhat iffy. I have their graphics card and tech support wasn't that great. Took two attemps at contacting them to get an RMA number to have my graphics card replaced.

Gigabyte is another that IMO is mid-level quality whereas ABit, DFI, or MSI would be better choices

I'd say the CPU gaara recommended is a good choice for your budget

i wud recomend u get a amd 64 +3500 its just like 15 or 20 buks more so it shud cost u about 270 or i fu cant get that 20 buks then get a amd 64 3200

Well I put in my order, i'll be getting the S1689 motherboard for the fact that its $89, 3 years warranty and im also getting a liquid cooling system aswell, I chose the AMD athlon 3200+ for the fact that the liquid cooling system should allow me to overclock at hopefully over 3.0ghz so theres no point im buying the most expensive processor.
I also already have OCZ P3200 256Mb dual channel platinums, but Im still not really clear on how to go about overclocking those. im confushed with those number 2.5,2,2,8,..... I have no idea what im supposed to do, can anyone clearify that.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom