Monitor/Graphics card issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contemptor

Baseband Member
I was about to surf the web via mozilla and then my screen turned a yellow tint. Crap I thought, and restarted. Now it looks even worse, and it has little black dots all over it, a yellow tint, and under settings it it set to lowest color quality (4bit) and 800x600, and won't let me change it. The monitor is some kind of Dell, not a flatscreen, and not that old either. My card is a radeon 7000. Any ideas? Please say my graphics card or monitor didn't die
(later)
I Restarted in safe mode and it looked normal, and I changed the settings and restarted, but now the colors and everythign are right but everything looks slightly blurred, like every thing has a slight blur to the right.
(later)
I restarted just now and got the same crap from above w/ dots and yellow tint but it let me change the resolution and color. I set it to normal, and then it asked if I wanted to keep the settings, but my screen was flickering. I pressed no, and got a black screen. I restarted, and now it's normal except the blur again. Any ideas?

(I posted this on another site piece by piece, but didn't get help)

Do you have any of these items to try swapping out?

An extra monitor
An extra monitor cable
An extra video card, or onboard video

You need to swap any of those components one at a time to eliminate the possibilites.

It sounds most like a faulty monitor, like one of the color guns is going out. You said it is a Dell monitor, but not a flatscreen, so I take it you mean it is a CRT.

Might help just to check your video drivers but like switch said, it is more likely to be a faulty monitor.

Like they said^^^^^^^^.

Try different video and monitor drivers first, because they are free.

Some other things to try:
-Unplug and replug the monitor into the vga slot on your vid card.
-Reseat your vid card in its slot.

I mention these because they are free. You might as well try the free things before you go out buying new monitors and vid cards:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom