a prob which not even techys online can solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

grid_1

Beta member
Hi,
a prob no one has solved so far. i built this pc and was working ok until i tried accessing internet i found out that my modem wouldnt connect, it had been installed tidy as it was showing as 56k soft modem, so i removed the modem so i could try it on mine,and it worked.then i found out it was the line. so i put the modem back in its original slot and booted up and message came up pci cummunications device not installed, so i tried installin drivers but it wouldnt have none of it, i notice in device manager that all f my controllers were showing the yellow sybol but the were there earlier. so i formatted my hd and tried again but failed (xp), then i downloaded 98 and . i have manage to install driver on 98 but everytime i go to diagnostics a blue screen comes up 1128:clabd977 in vxd basic2(01) . i have not been able to connect on line, i have also swaped pci slots. deleted old modem.

is it a hard ware problem?? or software??

and also my vga controller,usb,controller,audio controller,cummunications device controller are not woking all showing yellow

ps when use start up disk it did say in the build up error on config disk line 17??could this b the reson???

my spec is 2.7 cpu, asus a7nv8x-x,1 gig mem. 40 gig hd

plz plz help meeeeeeeeeee

this sounds like a job for an "offline" techy. the reason many "online" techies can't solve it is because they do not have access to your computer so all they can do is take guesses. i am very sure this is some kind of software problem because you said everything except the modem was working fine until you re-configured your computer.

if you don't get this problem fixed i'm willing to try to fix it for you. just install winxp and send me an "remote assistance" invitation to my email. pm me if this is what you want

If you don't install the modem at all, not even put it in the machine, do you still have the problems?

it kinda sounds like u have a resource conflict. have u went into device manager and checked what it says.

ekÆsine,
its very kind of u to offer to remotely assist him/her but just curious how do u plan on doing this when the pc wont go online

Why dont you try the following:

1) Remove the modem.

2) Install a clean copy of Windows XP (Delete all partitions, and recreate them, then format partitions using WinXP CD)

3)Once the Windows install has completed Install appropriate drivers (Video, Sound etc.)

4)Install SP1.

5)Reboot (Make sure you don't have any hardware conflicts in your device manager)

6)After you are satisfied with the systems integrity, create a windows restore point (just in case things don't go to well - Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore)

7) install the modem

Let us know how it goes.

do you have any specific MB drivers... especially for controllers. See if you HDD, for example, is listed as generic disk controller. some MBD are going back to specific driver info and come with a mainboard installation. I know back in the day, some MBD's we had to create the windows folder, copy the PIIX drivers over and then do a flat install of windows. Those days sucked.

I would definately go back to XP pro, it is much more stable

so it doesn't install the drivers? maybe the particular drivers you're using do not work, try downloading a different driver from driverguide and transfer it by floppy or something onto the PC with probs

check and see if the MBD manufacturer has any specific PCI and IDE controller drivers that you need. get on the other system that works and look it up online. I think its more than a problem with just the modem.

ah, looks like a HP riptide chameleon modem. Ugh, hate winmodems. well, try like apok said and install latest drivers for XP (modem) if that doesn't work, then check for controller drivers for the MBD>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom