Comp REstart

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylekyle2

Beta member
My computer will randomly restart and when it does it comes up with a windows has created a long of this serious error. The error is
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021305-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Kyle\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml
I even reformated my whole computer yesterday cause it was doing the same thing, anyone know any reason why it is doin this.

be sure its fully updated from microsoft or try installing it with another CD, it could be a corrupt data file on the CD that didnt install write or try repairing with another install disk or do a scan disk or RUN chkdsk to see if u have a corrupt data file on your hard drive.

Thats happened to me numerous times on an 866mhz gateway, I finally figured out that leaving it on for a long time or playing high quality games, would cause the machine to overheat. It would then restart and say the same thing yours says, about the .dmp file. I took the top off of the tower and it stayed on for longer, but still shut off, I'm not entirely sure but I think more ram will do the trick. What kind of machine is it?

did you reformatted it fully? like not a quick format but fully?

cuz that might be the case if you only made a quick format

Specs

It was a fully formatt and I have 3400+ a8v motherboard. 1g of muskin 3200, 6600gt video card. Brand spankin new, had it built in one case then bought an acrylic case and xconnect 500w. Was all workin fine in first case but not anymore. I have had a lot of people tell me it was a memory problem, will try tonight. Idles at 27c and during games at like 35c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom