Radeon x850 XT vs 6800 Ultra

How long do you think it will be, before DDR2 becomes mainstream?

• In 3 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 6 Months

• 1 Year

• 3 Years

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
X850XT PE is the best without a doubt, but I wouldn't buy one with the R520's around the corner as you might get 40% more grunt for $100 more+ all the cards below might drop in price.

Yes Same here, the 850 beats it, but I believe both companies have something new around the corner about to introduce, so I would wait. As well as waiting on getting a new processor if you can. To kinda see how this cell pans out when its introed. If its awesome other chip prices shoudl fall... actually.. that wont happen for awhile after its released because I don think they're releasing it for the pc right away.

actually you are right, they do not know what it was, I thought I heard something but I was probably wrong. They will be releasing something but possibly not for awhile.

FoxyLoxy said:
actually you are right, they do not know what it was, I thought I heard something but I was probably wrong. They will be releasing something but possibly not for awhile.

I think this is going to be ATI's year, hopefully they'll be able to crank out decent numbers of X800XL/X800, both great cards.

Along with that you've got the R520 range, to which Nvidia's response will be price adjustments, eg, a Sparkle 6800GT was $750AUD in October 04, and is now $595/AGP version.

ATI are set to dominate, even though SLI is farcical, the R520's will relegate it to 2nd place{not that the X850XT PE has much to be ashamed of}
Interesting to see how low Nvidia can go with prices, as that's all they've got by the sounds of it, in fact it doesn't sound like the next gen Nvidia will be out before mid 06.

ATI already had their year with the 9xxx series beating out the FX series. Then nvidia 6xxx series beat out the ATI's series, and it was only recently that they had to release the X850XT PE well after the first series of cards were delivered, so you cant compare ATI's making I think like a total of 13 some odd cards compared to nvidia releasing around 6 and they did it back in march or so whereas ATI was rushing to get something better out and came out the the X850 a few months later.

No doubt the R520 card will be a monster with 24 pipelines, lets just hope ATI doesn't rush out this card with terrible driver support like they did with the last batch.

Beyond that you know Nvidia will have something up their sleeve if they simply created the 6xxx series and left it at that while ATI is frantically creating cards to outperform it.

You can't compare the X850 to the 6800 until they create a 6850 or something like that as time they were released suggest ATI was out to make a card with a small edge over current nvidias. It's a slight case of comparing new tech with old.

No doubt the next card nvidia brings out will also have 24 pipelines and of course the 512mb card has to be around the corner. I personally think SLI is a temp solution for better graphics while they focus on delivering an amazing single graphics card possibly with dual GPU built in.

Then nvidia 6xxx series beat out the ATI's series, and it was only recently that they had to release the X850XT PE well after the first series of cards were delivered,

Nvidia had a few good months, and they released the 6600GT, but atm, ATI have nearly everything covered and are about to up the ante.

You can't compare the X850 to the 6800 until they create a 6850 or something like that as time they were released suggest ATI was out to make a card with a small edge over current nvidias. It's a slight case of comparing new tech with old.

What about the X800XT, I can get them for $750aud, yet ULTRA's are $900+.....and I'd hate to see the cooling set up on a 6850ULtra:p

No doubt the next card nvidia brings out will also have 24 pipelines and of course the 512mb card has to be around the corner.

I thought the top R520 was going to be 512.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom