the XBOX as a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice one, i havent been able to reply to this post cos my pc has been up on the blocks all weekend, just upgraded the hard drive, memory and case, whew its a sweet little thing, anyway i got the mobo just ordered it today, the case will be along tomorrow, then i need to wire the power, not that big a deal, and the dvd eject button, still cant find any info about the power supply of the xbox and if you could use it on a low power using mobo, i will prob just spend £30 and buy a specific one, thanks again

mattyg

he said that since the main hardware components of his xbox died, he wants to use the xbox as a PC case by ripping out the original hardware with PC hardware.
I think that is a cool mod to do.
good luck to ya!

thanks soloman02 finally a little support, u dont know how many people try to dissuade me from doing this, anyway xbox case shud be coming today or tomorrow so i'll let u know if it work out.

cheers

mattyg

i might have a look into linux, im not entirely sure what im going to do with it, i might put a wireless card in and have internet or as you said home entertainment, music/mp3s etc

thanks

mattyg

ok heres a good question for you, is it possible to power an via epia-5000 533MHz board with a xbox power supply

idiotec said:
Linux really isn't that good. Think about it, it is FREE, and still hardly anybody uses it :eek:

...? i would say thats not true at all. almost all the LAN's i go to people prefer a good Linux than XP and all its problems. Linux game servers are almost always faster than a Windows one (with matched hardware.) It's open source...thats why its free, i'd consider that a bonus since XP has a billion problems/updates and it costs a buttload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom