D drive trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I stupified or just stupid? How can I re-install Windows if my drive doesn't work?

Save me somebody!

OK, just a recap before I go to bed. Downloading a driver did not work (since the file did not detect a compatable device), windows still does not detect it anywhere (although it appears in the bios). I've come up empty in hardware searches (in windows) and replugging all the applicable sockets. Hopefully when I awake someone will have another idea!

Thanks again!

Hmm, have you made sure to check your jumpers? If it's at the end of the cable put it to Master, if you have two drives on one IDE and that drive is at the end make sure it's Master w/slave set by the jumpers. All else you could also put it to CS or Cable Select. Try that

Still no luck. Does anybody think their could have been a glitch with the installation of XP? BTW, thanks for all the help!

Ok, I'll pick up this thread again. I'm still having problems with the above issue. I tried another cd-rom drive and, again, xp did not detect it.

I would like to uninstall xp. It was an upgrade from 2000. I'd prefer to just get back to the dos prompt if possible and just re-install 2000. Could someone give me a fast way to do this?

Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom