Overclocking 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

runteldat

Solid State Member
I recently got some Arcric Ceramique thermal paste. I used it on my XFX 128 mb Fx5200 as well as my processor. It effectively lowered my processor temp by atleast 10 degrees celcious. How far could I safely overclock my 5200 with no additional fans or anything else. I'm not too worried about burning it up since I plan to upgrade soon but I still dont want to push it too hard. Your help is much appreciated.

Overclocking is an inexact science. No one could possibly tell you how far that thing will OC, every system, card, motherboard, CPU is different. You just gotta start bumping it up in small increments until you start to see artifacts then knock it back down a little.

like Nubuis said....just take it slow and test it as you overclock it.....this is a good test....if you start seeing specs on your screen then you will know it is too high on the ram and or gpu also....if you take it slow and easy it will just freeze rather than burning up usually. Let us know if you need some overclocking software for the 5200.

:confused:

did you buy REGULAR thermal paste...or did you get ACTUAL thermal ceramique/epoxy? Cuz ceramique hardens (unlike normal paste) and it isn't sposed to be used on CPU's. u said ceramique...so i am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom