Address not found error

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I've been using FireFox for about 2.5 months now. The last 2 weeks I am getting the old "Address not found" error a lot. No coming sites, just various ones. Why is this happening so much? Is there a fix for this? I have an os of win98 SE using dsl.

In another thread someone said the following works for XP:

The DNS resolver program in XP has some missing arguments in the registry. Adding these to override the defaults helps and is a good idea anyway. They are shown below. Use "regedit" and navigate to the key:

HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Dnscache/Parameters. Add the following values.

NegativeCacheTime DWord 0
NegativeSOACacheTime DWord 0
NetFailureCacheTime DWord 0
QueryIpMatching DWord 1

The first three prevent the DNS cache from retaining failed lookups. The last instructs the cache to ignore any response from a DNS server that was not queried first. A firewall might already do this successfully.

Well, where should I put them on my machine since it's not XP?

Can someone please help me.

TIA

Someone told me to change the order of the DNS server IP's that Verizon offers via the DHCP function. You can find these in your network connection properties.

Where under properties would I find this info?

go to your control panel>netowrk then choose properties on the tcp/ip. dns configuration is where you can specify server addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom