Ram overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
I need some help overclocking my system, i did it before with my xp 2600 no problem, but that was only to up it from 166-200 so in line with my ram. Now my cpu is already inline with my ram il need to up them both. I know my ram is capable of going upto 275mhz with loosened timing but dont think i need to go that far really. Want to get my cpu upto about 2.4gig so would need to get both fsbs upto 240. But Ive never o/ced ram before and my bios doesnt have speed intervals for the ram like it does the cpu? Im guessing ur better loosing timings then gettin to speed u want then starting to tighten the timings again to see what u can get it down to? is this the best way of doin it? any input would be helpful or a url to a guide would be great. thanks

Where did you read that those Corsair sticks will hit 275MHz on loose timings?

Anywho, if you haven't changed your RAM divider then you simply start raising your HTT from 200 on up.

You will need to make sure that your CPU has enough Vcore for stability and that your RAM has enough Vdimm for it to be stable just like the CPU requires extra voltage.

Other than that you basically have the right idea. The further you go up, the more you'll have to loosen your timings. You gotta find that area where the timings are just tight enough with the higher fsb or in your case HTT, that you are infact getting more bandwidth through.

If your ram is 2-2-2-5 timings at DDR400, then it will probably need to be around 2.5-3-3-7 for 240FSB, sometimes it requires doing something like 2.5-3-3-10, that cycle time has little effect on bandwidth but a good deal of effect on stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom