cpuz says I have newcastle, with a winchester core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Nubius

yeah Its just the british (inventors of the language) way of spelling color (ugh that made me feel dirty) ;)

DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY! :p

Just differences in culture though, couldn't tell ya how it originated or anything, but yeah colour feels odd to me just as color feels odd to you.

But then theres liquor....sounds like color and colour, closer to colour but different! :p OMG WE'RE ALL CRAZY

I suppose we're 'morons refusing logic' by calling it an elevator instead of a 'lift' too huh :p

lol i keep forgettin about the simple differences from english- english to american- english, sry if dont it on here

I was asking about the spelling deal and guessing it was something dumb only Americans do cause we're stubborn, im not saying spelling it that way is better. The standard system is dumb, we have been taught the simplicity of 10 all of our childhood days, its BETTER. Why are we using this stupid system where 12" = foot? Where water freezes at 32 and boils at 212? instea of freezing at 0 and boiling at 100? Why do we have these stupid 16 ounces equals a pound? It is stupid, the only argument for it is that we've been doin it forever, well we as a country should just bite the freckin bullet and switch over. Kids in our country have to figure out that 36" = a yard, whereas other kids get the luxury of learning that 100 centimeters = 1 meter. The use of deci, centi, milli, kilo make sense. Base ten is logical, wtf are we using fractions for?

lol changin is just as much a pain in the a*se, i work on a food counter and the number of ppl over 40 asking for half a pound of this or 8ouces of that makes my lift harder cos i have no clue how much 8 ouces or half a pound weights :S

Take it up with the fore fathers dude lol

If you're so against it, then move to europe

I see your point and all, but eh, I have no trouble using metric or our current standard or muchless think it's 'stupid'

And it would be impossible to simply switch to using metric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom