switching over to AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosho510

Daemon Poster
man, im thinking of switching over to amd,cuz i wanna try something new. should i get the p4 3.0ghz, or the amd athlon 64 3400+.
DECISIONS DECISIONS...!

dont get the AMD Athlon 64 3400+ as its socket 754 and not a nice cool running winchester core... get either the Athlon 64 3200+ (winchester core) socket 939 or the Athlon 64 3500+ (winchester core) socket 939.

But yeah if you wanna try something new... switch to the AMD Athlon 64.... I am loving my 64 3200+... I switched to AMD years ago from a pentium II to an Athlon 800mhz then to an Athlon XP 1900+... and I never looked back! I think AMD chips are better value and they do everything I want them to just fine

mine is slightly overclocked and it idles at 29c... under max load it reaches about 32c

it runs so much colder than the athlon xp i had... and as its socket 939 and i got a dual channel mobo, i am able to run my ram in dual channel which is fantastic.. I have no complaints about this chip!

Hygor, those are some nice temps. You should OC intil you reach 45c under full load. Phosho510, if you do indeed get a 3200 Winchester, then your on the rite road to some OC. I know 3200 newcastles OC good. But winchesters will OC better.

You would really get some nice benchmarks if you OC it to 2.4ghz and raise the HTT.

Codeine said:
Hygor, those are some nice temps. You should OC intil you reach 45c under full load. Phosho510, if you do indeed get a 3200 Winchester, then your on the rite road to some OC. I know 3200 newcastles OC good. But winchesters will OC better.

You would really get some nice benchmarks if you OC it to 2.4ghz and raise the HTT.

I have considered overclocking... but I dont know anything about it!

Mine is slightly overclocked already, coz i did something, but I have no idea what... but it is minimal!

will the 3200+ perfom better then my p4 2.8ghz in gaming? because thats what i mostly do. :p

Athlons are generally thought to perform better in gaming, and if you have a 3200+ socket 939 and a motherboard which supports dual channel ram... then you put one of your current 512 sticks in each ram channel... then you will have a great gaming experience. but then I dont know how your current rig performs gaming..

ok i made up my mind. im getting the amd athlon 3000+, so i can save money for the dual core coming up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom