Ever accidently buy hardware on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsbtech

In Runtime
If a bid is in the early stages, sometimes I'll make an absurdly low bid on a system so I can watch the bidding more easily. I did this for a Sun Utra 5 with 360mhz untrasparc IIi CPU, 17" sun monitor, Solaris 9 installed, keyboard and mouse. I bud $100 and won it! I couldn't believe it. Now I get to tinker around with a true 64bit CPU and OS and refresh my knowledge on Solaris... pretty cool.

In the same session I bid $45 no a PIII 667 Gateway, 512mb RAM, and 64mb GeForce2 and won that one also... .I think I'm going to use "watch item" from now on instead of making a bid I don't think will win!

If you have Software, and friends/clients that need a cheap box for browsing and office applications, you can easily slide into a pIII for under $100.

Heck no... It was a comment on my unexpected ebay purchase. As a hardware hobbyist, I thought it interesting. I'm not a seller. THis is a hardware forum isn't it?

tut tut jak... always jumping to conclusions ;)

It is an intersting way to do the ebay thing... i always just click watch... except when I was drunk and bought that LA County Jail prison uniform... what a great purchase that was!

I noticed ebay's "watch item" is a lot mroe functional that it was in the early day's. Jail Prison uniform? That's funny. Do you wear it?

i cant trust ebay no more.. cuz i bought some rechargable batteries from ebay and never recieved them...

the reason i said that was that you had acquired a PIII and then you said if someone wanted to slide into a PIII system they could real easily.....my bad, i wasnt trippin, just wanted to double check.....

i'm just a bit obsessed bout keeping things in their proper places.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom