Regretful...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
foreverxyoung said:
sluggish as in overall... windows media player..*not games* .... internet explorer....aim... Eh i thot my mobo was okay... Asus K8N nforce 3 250. I couldnt get a 3200 at the time cuhz i didnt have money and lol atm i dont have any money... So i was wondering if there was any tweak i could do or if its iono ... lol help T_T

you're being vague in your question. are you talking about only internet related software? internet explorer and aim are dependant mostly your internet connection type and less on processing power. what is your video card model? when you drag an application window around does it seem jerky? did you install the latest video card drivers from the manufacturer website?

You can use SiSoftware Sandra to check your HD to see how it compares to other known brands.

Also regarding the memory there should be a CPU:DRAM ratio somewhere within your BIOS where you can manually set the DRAM frequency otherwise it should be on 1:1 right off the bat with the HTT at 200 and the RAM being PC3200.

CPU-Z will tell you if it's 1:1

oh somthing i noticed when i was ocing, im currently at 37c and at 220 ht. When i go to 225 windows doesn load .. when i go to 240 it just flat out doesnt turn on right. Any ideas why?

Try uping the cpu voltage a little, it might make 225 reachable. Tweek the cpu voltage very slowly, this is what will bring your temp up quickly. Make sure your ram isn't 1:1.

I honestly don't think its your processor thats the problem, I have a 3000+ 1.8 amd64, and the thing hauls a**. Try getting rid of some of your services, also check your Virtual memory settings. Your comp should be doing better then that.

Start/run/msconfig will allow you to see the programs that run at start up.

Go here to figure out what services you can lose. Make sure you read what your disabling to make sure that you really don't need it, because it sucks trying to find the problem when you disabled like 20 services.

Run an anti spyware program like ad-aware from lavasoft and an anti-virus progy.

My virtual memory file starts at 1 gb(1024 mb), and allowed upto 4gb(4096mb) on its own deticated partition. Defrag your hd before you up your vm settings, if you don't you will get a fragmented swap file, which will also slow you down. If your vm file isn't going to be on a deticated partition then I would make it start at 2gigs(2048mb).

Also make sure all your drivers are the latest versions from the manufacturers, with the exception of your video card use Nvidias drivers for that.

Well why would you jump to 240 if windows doesn't load? That's kinda the opposite of the OC'ing basics.

225 isn't loading windows because it's not stable enough to do it. Raising Vcore helps stability on the CPU but if you're also OC'ing your RAM it takes a combination of loosening the timings and raising the Dimm voltage.

At 240 it can't post because like I said at 225 it wasn't stable muchless 240 under whatever Vcore you were giving it.

vcore? il look on that one overclocking stickie for what that means.. i see.. stabability.. so basically i need more voltage so it will be stable? i see...

Dude you gotta go slow and keep your system stable, makin that big a jump of 15 is a lot even though it may not seem like much. Especially like Nubius said that it wasnt even working before, raising it sure as hell isnt gonna make it work. AMD64's I believe have a safety feature in them, but you still need to be careful.

yeah im being careful... just leaving the agp voltage at 1.6 and ht at 228. 2050mhz. thanks everyone its running even better then the p4 lol . after the defrag .. spyware.. it runs great at 35c/95f.

If you want to compare make sure you are comparing apples
with apples and oranges with oranges.

CPU to CPU comparison is only as reliable as the sameness
of the rest of your hardware.

The more high-performance you go the more critical hardware
becomes, so if you want a high-performance machine that is
also stable, functional, and meets your performance goals you
need to design your system accordingly.

Quality> mobo, cpu, ram, video, ps, cooling etc.

Many people overlook the importance of a QUALITY
power supply and think that a 450 watt ps is a good
one because it is after all, 450 watts. But is it "stable"
at 90% load(is the voltage fluctuations within a safe
parameter)...........

Then, you should always setup your system stock FIRST to test
run the system and look for any stability or heat related issues
and fix them. Dont think EVERY CPU IS THE SAME and all can be
OC'ed the same-not true. This is a good way to fry a CPU-RAM-
MOBO out of the box.

And like everyone else has stated-is your software setup and
functioning properly? Get rid of processes you dont need. Keep
your hard drive clean-defragged. Is your OS optimally setup?
Is your Registry lean and mean without useless entries? I think
you get the picture---------------

sorry for the lecture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom