DVD writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitaha

Baseband Member
Hi, i'm thinking abt buying a new dvd writer can anyone recommend me any dvd writer that's gd.. i'm not sure i should be buying the 16x now or wait for 24x to come out and how long does it takes to burn a dvd-r wif a 16x dvd writer??

I bought the NEC 3500a about a month ago and I love it to death. Tomshardware.com did a review on dvd writers, and the 3500 and the LG 4160 (I think that was the model number) came out on top, however the LG doesn't burn DVD-R at 16x... only 8x. The NEC does both at 16x, as well as DVD+R DL at 4x (dual layer).

I'm crazy happy with this writer, and I think a couple newer models of it have come out (3502). I definitely recommend it!

For your reference:

http://www20.tomshardware.com/storage/20041102/index.html

caseyc said:
I bought the NEC 3500a about a month ago and I love it to death. ]

I've heard good things about the NEC's, also I like Liteon{burnt over 100 CD's with my Liteon, and just one coaster}
I don't think 16x blanks are available yet, but 4x takes about 15 mins to burn, and obviously less for 8x.

I doubt they will come out with a 24x, just like 52x cd burners, they topped out. Besides the market moves to the blu ray soon. 16x DVD's are out but arent plentiful and are expensive. At 4x, my LG burner takes 13mins to create a full DVD. At 16x it'll be about 1/4 that time. Therefore there is no point for a 24x. Go for the 16x, they are great prices right now and they are fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom