trubble with my hercules card and nvidia motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pow

Beta member
heya all

i have a little problem, i can't get my graphic card to work...

my hardware:
motherboard - EPOX 8RDA+
cpu - AMD XP +2400
graphic card - hercules 3d prophet 4500(64mb)
HDD - maxtor

the problem is that when i install the motherboard drivers from nvidia and the tryes to install the graphic card the computer doesn't seem the find the card at all and there is a conflict...
And i get a message that there is to many things connected and i i wanted to install the graphic card i should disable something else... so i did, i deactivated something called:
PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
And after that the computer found and installed my graphic card, at least that was what i thought...
the problem now is that i can't run any 3D applications att all, if i try the screen goes black and i have to manually reboot...

if someone knows what the problem is, pls help me!

another thing that is strange, i can't install java on the machine either...??!!
when the installation comes halfway it halts and i have to manually reboot...

Don't disable your PCI - to - PCI bridge. I'm pretty sure it's a needed part.

Are you using the latest driver for that card? I assume you at least get a picture on your screen. So the card works, just not 3d. Did you check your bios and see if you have video set to AGP or PCI?

deactivating the pci-to-pci bridge is the only way to get the computer to accept the graphic card...
i have installed the latest chipset drivers, and graphicdrivers...

i have had several people here, people that are realy good at computer hardware...and no one could find anything wrong in my BIOS setup... the only solution the can come up with is to replace the card, but i'm a bit stubborn and realy would like it to work... =)

Got a different Video card just to test with so ya can at least point the problem in one direction or another:confused:

i have bee in contact with a guy who has the exact hardware setup as i have, he could not get it to work so he changed the card to a GeForce 400 of some kind, and it worked like a charm :)
But i realy would like to get this config to work, without changing the card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom