SCSI Hard Disk Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

acaba

Beta member
Asking for a more robust backup process of SCSI hard disks. I need to know how to duplicate a copy of a SCSI hard disk installed in our machines. COuld I use a normal PC with a SCSI controller and just set it up using mirroring techniques where Operating system resides on an IDE hard disk of that PC..

Any better idea would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have your system set up in a RAID config? What is your end goal? Are you just trying to backup one PC daily or on the fly all the time?

Each machine has only a single SCSI Hard Disk. I know the RAID Stuff from 1 to 5 then 10 (and server Fault Tolerant Systems). The single SCSI hard disk has a proprietary Operating System when attached to a Desktop PC (with SCSI controller of course) the PC wont boot.
End Goal: to copy the image of SCSI hard disk to anther hard disk with same model for easier restoration when hard disk crashes.

Norton Ghost. Since you are using the same size drives, and you want the exact same info, it would be your best bet I think.

their is also a app called drive image, disk to disk option, copies really fast..... norton is also good, just prefer and use drive image here at work, although have never used it on SCSI before....

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom