Computer Keeps Crashing But Don't Know Why!

Status
Not open for further replies.

24/7 Gamer

In Runtime
Hi,

Every now and then my computer crashes and give the blue screen but before I am able to read the error, it restarts. This problem can happen anytime but mostly when I'm playing games. The time it crashes the most is when I play Ground Control 2. I am thinking it is my RAM which is causing it as I am running a generic brand but I don't want to buy new ones if its not the problem as this would be a waste of money.

I'm doubting it could be the motherboard or the CPU and I don't think its the graphics card as I've played other games for hours without a problem like Doom 3 and Half Life 2 although it does crash when I'm playing Counterstrike Source.

Is there anyway I can stop this problem as it is driving me mad and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks! :(

Download memtest 86 (google it), burn it to a floppy, and let it run for 10 hours to make sure it's your RAM. If you have a CRT, don't forget to turn your monitor offf, as the memtest sceeen is very static.

EDIT: If you do get errors, perhpas try taking your ram out (carefully), cleaning it, and then reseating it, to rule out a simple problme with the interface. Then see if you can borrow some eqivelent sticks from a freind and see if those test without errors, if they do, then your ram is probably the issue. Keep your friend's sticks (j/k).

Re:

Hello,

You might wanna check out the STOP error message or description of the error, which appears in the blue screen, by disabling 'Automatic Restart' in Windows XP.

Go to control panel > system > advanced > startup and recovery > settings - then uncheck 'Automatic Restart' under System Failure. From there you can research the specific STOP error message on Microsoft Support or just on the net.

You could also go into 'Administrative Tools' (if installed) and check the Event Viewer for errors at the time of occurance.

i don't know how to tell you this, my lil brother's old computer was exactly like that
it is most likely, your motherboard
if thats the case, juss get a new computer or buy a barebone computer
which comes with most of the stuff and juss get this computer hardwares and plug in the barebone

better to save on budget

barebone should cost about the same as 1gig of ram
so juss take ur old ram and put it in ur new computer

but before you do that
do wut the above post say about checking for failure

Cheers guys. I'll try the automatic restart option first and read the error to tell you guys before I do the memory test because there might be some useful information in it.

Thanks for the quick replies :)

Ok I just did the restart thing and as soon as I started to play GC 2 it happened and I managed to write down the error which is:

*** STOP: 0X00000024 (0X001902FE, 0XF6DBF860, 0XF6DBF55C, 0XF7393543)

*** STOP: NTFS.sys - Address F7393543 base at F7368000, Datestamp 41107eea

Any Ideas?

Hello,

ok, the 0x24 STOP error message by NTFS.sys shows probable hard drive corruption, or file corruption. First, try doing a full CHKDSK on your Hard Drive.

Try reinstalling your game and looking for newer patches available for that game and for your video card. Sometimes there are multple reasons why that would happen.

Blue screen of Death, how I hate you so.

jppoulin said:
Try reinstalling your game and looking for newer patches available for that game and for your video card. Sometimes there are multple reasons why that would happen.

Blue screen of Death, how I hate you so.

i don't think its his game, he sed it happens most of the time during playing game

so probably while juss surfing the net? you get this??

yes my friend has the same problem when he recoverd his harddrive it didnt work so he bought a new one and that blue screen error didnt pop up no more the harddrive was damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom